Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Euridice and Ulysses



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Euridice is my sister Blogger: I highly recommend her site to anyone who is sensitive to natural beauty and its connection with our own sense of inner tranquility. I would define Euridice as a Christian pantheist--and she has a particular love for the stunning scenery around her own city of Palermo in Southern Italy. In her last post, she spoke of the city's beautiful harbour which stands in the shadow of Monte Pellegrino, once defined by no less an arbiter than Goethe, as "the most beautiful promontory in the world." Translated, "Monte Pellegrino" means "Pilgrim's Montain" and indeed there is a well known Pilgrim's route to the top of the mountain and the Pilgrim's destination of Santa Rosalia.

I have never explored the unique beauty of Palermo, nor that of Sicily in general--but Euridice's beautiful photos and sensitive rendering of her city's astonishing history in a loving yet concise way, make me want to do so as soon as possible--and hopefully in the company of Euridice herself! Below you will find the link to her site as well as some of the beautiful pictures posted there (as a foretaste of the delights to come!)

http://euridice-euridice.blogspot.com/


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jon. Loved exploring this Blog--though my limited Italian was seriously challenged!(but was able to make most of it out thanks to my Spanish and French). Sicily is a wonderful place and I've always dreamed of going there. Euridice's Blog has made the place seem very real to me and I simply must make a visit soon! Thanks for putting us on to this gem!

1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved this!

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home